Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Introduction Blog

Hi everyone, my name is Anwar Alqurneh. I am 19 years old and a sophomore here at Eastern Michigan University. I am a transfer student from Michigan State University and was also apart of the football team here at EMU. I live in Farmington Hills, MI which is about 30 minutes north of here, but I am originally from Westland, MI. I am also a proud brother of the Fraternity Phi Gamma Delta at Michigan State, but I am enjoying my time here at Eastern Michigan.

I am not a big reader but I love to write my thoughts on topics and just express myself through writing. I was still not sure about signing up for this class but that changed last semester. My Literature professor Tony Spicer had opened me up to dig deeper into my writing and reading abilities so I decided this class would be a good fit for me. I am looking forward to getting feedback from my peers and hopefully developing as a reader and writer in the next few months.

I am not sure what to expect from this class just yet. I am hoping to meet some of the other students and build some friendships, but at the same time I am interested to see if the class will react well together, or this will be a class where everybody just sticks to themselves. I am a big fan of open discussions of readings during class so that will be an interesting part of the course for me and others too. I'm sure I'll look back at this first post at the end of the semester and it will put a smile on my face because this is my first blog post ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment